Buffalo Thorn Lodge is a 5-star exclusive use, self-catering lodge. The location of the 5 units have an amazing view directly onto the reserve and the lodges' watering holes while you lie in your heated Jacuzzi.
Please note that Buffalo Thorn, being an exclusive use lodge, may only be booked for a single group of people. This gives you and your family, or friends, the peaceful tranquility and beauty of the bush all to yourselves.
2 Family units and 3 Double Units
Maximum 10 people.
- Comfortable bed
- En-suite bathrooms with a jacuzzi bath and an outdoor shower
- Air conditioning
- Lounge and private deck
- Tea and coffee station
- 2 x game drives per night stayed
- Conservation fees and levies
- Meals: the units are equipped for self-catering - meaning you may bring all your groceries and prepare your own meals to your desire
- Drinks charged on consumption
- All other items that incur an additional cost eg. phone calls, curio purchases, transfers etc
- Breakages deposit
- Travel insurance
- Children of all ages are welcome and are included in the safaris. Cots are available on request.
- Fully equipped kitchen for self-catering
- Swimming pool
- Home theater system with DSTV and LCD screen
- Pool table
- Wine fridge
- Heated Jacuzzi
- Bar fridge and ice machine
- Dining area
- Open fire barbecue
- Modern gas barbecue
The lodge offers game drives and bush walks. Bush walks are done upon request and subject to age and health restrictions at an additional charge.
Other activities offered in the area at an additional charge:
- Quad biking
- Interactive gumboot dancing sessions
- Lion park tours